Cara House - Bed and Breakfast in Berwick-upon-Tweed
We opened Cara House, here in Berwick-upon-Tweed, as a friendly no smoking family run
bed and breakfast back in 2004. Our aim is to offer comfy and spacious accommodation private
off street parking (at your own risk), giving you a base to explore the
area we were born and live in: The Scottish Borders and North Northumberland.
After a cosy nights sleep at our bed and breakfast, you can enjoy a full Berwick
Breakfast using the finest local ingredients, washed down lashings of freshly
brewed tea and real coffee. If you have any special dietary please let us know and we
do our best to cater for you.
Berwick was the home of Eric Lomax, a British Army officer who was sent to a Japanese-of-war
camp in 1942. He wrote about his experiences in The Railway Man and 2013 Colin Firth
and Nicole Kidman came to Berwick-upon-Tweed to make a movie The Railway Man.
All rooms are en suite and smoking is not allowed anywhere in the house.
Cara House bed and breakfast is:
Within 2 minutes walk:
- The centre of Berwick-upon-Tweed
- The Elizabethan Walls surrounding Berwick-upon-Tweed
- Berwick-upon-Tweed train station
- The river Tweed
- The beach
Within 30 minutes drive:
- The Holy Island of Lindisfarne
- The Farne Isles (boats from Seahouses)
- Alnwick Gardens
- St Abbs Head marine reserve
- The Cheviots National Park
- Numerous castles (Berwick-upon-Tweed is on the "Coast and Castles" route)
Walkers and cyclists are welcome at our bed and breakfast.
- Drying room for boots and waterproofs
- Secure storage for bicycles
- Laundry facilities
- Private off street parking
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Tea and coffee making facilities in each room
Cara House bed and breakfast is the ideal place to base yourself if you want to explore
discover the beautiful area in and around Berwick-upon-Tweed. A previous guest this
To everyone at Cara House
I am just writing to thank you for the excellent standard of the room and the superb
I have encountered from everyone here.
I arrived in Berwick without any knowledge of the town but now I feel a special attachment
it. Without the superb accommodation I encountered at Cara House, this feeling
would not have been possible. Your professionalism and your service truly speaks
for the type of establishment this is. I will always look upon my stay in Berwick-upon-Tweed
with fond memories…